Seminar is now over. Thank you for attending!
We’re thrilled to announce the first in our series of online live seminars where we connect you with guest speakers from renowned wineries all over the world!
On Thursday, May 7, 12pm PDT, we welcome Sebastian Zuccardi, one of South America’s Top 10 Winemakers (Decanter 2019) from Zuccardi Wines to lead our first 1 hour online live seminar. Sebastian will be joining us directly from the Zuccardi winery located in Mendoza, Valle de Uco, Altamira. This online event will include:
- A comprehensive guided tour of the Zuccardi winery, including:
- Winery exterior and general location,
- Winery interior,
- Barrel rooms,
- And wine cellars.
- A specialized live guided tasting of a selection of Zuccardi products (feel free to purchase these at your local retailer beforehand to join us in the tasting!):
- Zuccardi Q Chardonnay 2019
- Zuccardi Concreto Malbec 2018 – 95 point (Robert Parker and James Suckling)
- Zuccardi Q Malbec 2017 – 94 point (James Suckling)
- Zuccardi Polignonos San Pablo Cabernet Franc 2017 – 95 point (Tim Atkin)
- Q&A with Sebastian Zuccardi (if time permits)
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2020
Time: 12pm to 1pm PDT
Guest Speaker: Sebastian Zuccardi
About our Guest Speaker, Sebastian Zuccardi
Sebastián Zuccardi grew up in a family that had a strong visionary and innovative spirit. Since 1963, when his grandfather planted the first hectares of grapevines in Maipú, Mendoza, the Zuccardi family has not stopped growing and developing. It has become a leader in Argentine wine production.
From his father, José Alberto Zuccardi, Sebastián inherited the determination and desire to constantly strive for excellence.
Today, Sebastián, third generation of the family, finds himself leading a young team of agricultural engineers and enologists, who are in charge of producing the highest quality wines in the Uco Valley.
On his initiative, the winery has had a research and development area since 2008, dedicated to studying the terroir and the diverse variables that affect wine quality. The goal, in Sebastián’s own words, is “not to strive for perfect wines, but wines that express the place, the region.”
Follow Zuccardi on Instagram @zuccardivalledeuco